Merry Christmas Eve one & all! ♥ It’s my favourite time of year and as such, I thought it would be the perfect time to launch my website at long last 🙂 It’s taken me some time, purely because – being a newbie to website design – I was slightly intimidated at designing, tweaking & launching it! I hope you enjoy 🙂
This Christmas, my mum and I made a Paprika Houmous and a Three-Mushroom Pate for supper on the big day. We tweaked the recipes from PlantBased Magazine’s ‘PlantBased Party’ booklet and allrecipes.com. There are so many festive dishes around – from the Chocolate Hazelnut Pastry Snowflake (which I made & posted to the site) to this delicious mushroom pate & paprika houmous! A great addition to any party, dinner table or New Year’s Eve celebrations! Recipes are below. Have a wonderful Christmas ♥
Three mushroom & thyme pate
- 120g unsalted non-dairy butter
- 4 onions
- 250g chestnut mushrooms
- 100g shitaki mushrooms
- 100g portabello mushrooms
- 120g walnuts
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 5 tbsps. chopped parsley although we used most of the packet)
- 1 tbsp. dried thyme
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Roast the walnuts for 10 mins on 180 C / gas mark 4, until lightly browned.
- Saute the onions in the butter until translucent.
- Add all the ingredients, apart from the olive oil and walnuts. Stir regularly until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Blitz the walnuts and olive oil in a blender until you have the consistency you desire.
- Add the remainder of the ingredients & pop into a jar to cool.
- 2 tins of chickpeas, rinsed & drained.
- Juice of a lemon.
- 5 garlic cloves.
- 2 tbsp. smoked paprika.
- 4 tbsp. tahini.
- 3 tbsp. olive oil.
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Add more olive oil if required.
- Pop the houmous is a jar to cool.
- Sprinkle with more paprika just before serving ♥